Arizona has shut the books on the regular track season, and with graduation on the horizon we have decided to bring back our Salute To Seniors Q&A series as a farwell to the Class of 2018. These interviews highlight the Senior class as they move onto bigger and better things, giving every senior in the state a chance to share their stories and experiences.
You can send in your answers a few ways--answer questions such as below in Q&A format, you could write out your own responses in a story, or even shoot a short video to say 'thank you' to the people who have impacted you the most. E-mail your responses along with some pictures (with credits) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Pictures preferably from MileSplit or ones that we have permission to use from whoever took the photos.
If you are an Arizona high school senior cross county / track and field athlete feel free to participate.
• Where are you from and when did you begin running/throwing/jumping/vaulting?
• What was your most memorable race/throw/jump/vault/moment?
• Did you listen to music before competing? If so what's on your playlist?
• Who would you consider your biggest competition over your four years?
• What was your greatest accomplishment?
• If you could do it all over again what would you change about your running/throwing/jumping/vaulting career in high school?
• What were the most difficult obstacles you had to overcome?
• What will you miss the most about competing for your team?
• What advice would you give to younger athletes?
• What influence has your coach had with respect to your performance and overall life goals?
• What are your college plans? Have you decided on a major?
• Who would you like to thank for your success in high school?
• Is there anything else you'd like to add?
In addition to some of these I would also endeavor to add specialized questions for those participating, on such topics as the individual experiences of the athlete, style in events, and their respective college decisions.