Local content on az.milesplit.com
10/12/2015 11:59:01 AM
User
I have not seen much if any local content on the site this year for Arizona athletes. Everything seems to be rank lists from the databases, and no actual articles with words in them. I really liked what I saw from this site last year in terms of content, but this year, not so much. I would really like to see this change and have articles on Az athletes, not just links of national articles from other milesplit sites.
I have not seen much if any local content on the site this year for Arizona athletes. Everything seems to be rank lists from the databases, and no actual articles with words in them. I really liked what I saw from this site last year in terms of content, but this year, not so much. I would really like to see this change and have articles on Az athletes, not just links of national articles from other milesplit sites.
11/02/2015 11:58:48 AM
User
I agree with the previous post. I joined AZ.Milesplit to get local content. It used to be great and have lots of awesome pictures back when Margot Kelly was associated with the site. Now the pictures are few and far between and they are not very good quality. There is no local articles or mention of our AZ athletes. And even the results are spotty. I am an unhappy customer and will not be renewing or recommending the site to the parents of the incoming freshman.
I agree with the previous post. I joined AZ.Milesplit to get local content. It used to be great and have lots of awesome pictures back when Margot Kelly was associated with the site. Now the pictures are few and far between and they are not very good quality. There is no local articles or mention of our AZ athletes. And even the results are spotty. I am an unhappy customer and will not be renewing or recommending the site to the parents of the incoming freshman.
11/04/2015 8:08:40 PM
User
If I knew how,I would request a refund and cancel my subscription. I can get meet and athlete data for free on athletic.net. I understand that flotrack bought out the site and they only want national level content. There hasn't been a single article all fall that I can remember that was note worthy about any athletes from Arizona. Even most of the national articles are just listing the top times for the weekend. Which makes little sense for cross country as the courses, weather etc. are all very different.
If I knew how,I would request a refund and cancel my subscription. I can get meet and athlete data for free on athletic.net. I understand that flotrack bought out the site and they only want national level content. There hasn't been a single article all fall that I can remember that was note worthy about any athletes from Arizona. Even most of the national articles are just listing the top times for the weekend. Which makes little sense for cross country as the courses, weather etc. are all very different.
11/04/2015 10:03:09 PM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
I believe the issue is that there isn't anyone writing locally for AZ Milesplit or that is organizing the content who is local. I know that Rob and Margot did spend time creating content, or working with others to create the content. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.
I believe the issue is that there isn't anyone writing locally for AZ Milesplit or that is organizing the content who is local. I know that Rob and Margot did spend time creating content, or working with others to create the content. If I'm wrong on this, someone please correct me.
11/06/2015 11:15:08 AM
Coach
SUBSCRIBER
@gobluesasquatch I wrote several articles covering southern AZ last track season and loved doing it. Unfortunately, I moved out of AZ this summer, but I know Rob wanted to continue to build AZ Milesplit coverage but there was resistance to him continuing. I would contact the national milesplit affiliate to voice your concerns. It is a shame the great athletes of AZ do not have the coverage the rest of the country is being afforded.
@gobluesasquatch I wrote several articles covering southern AZ last track season and loved doing it. Unfortunately, I moved out of AZ this summer, but I know Rob wanted to continue to build AZ Milesplit coverage but there was resistance to him continuing. I would contact the national milesplit affiliate to voice your concerns. It is a shame the great athletes of AZ do not have the coverage the rest of the country is being afforded.
11/06/2015 12:55:13 PM
User
Rob and Margot were great. Problem is they're gone and nobody replaced them. Had I known that this year was going to be different, I would not have signed up again. Live and learn.8-I
Rob and Margot were great. Problem is they're gone and nobody replaced them.
Had I known that this year was going to be different, I would not have signed up again. Live and learn.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.