Course times and great new local content
09/13/2016 9:19:21 PM
User
1st off, lots of great local content to start off the cross country season! In the past I think I've seen course ratings with time differentials (fast courses, slow courses). I noticed that a lot of runners who ran at the Chandler Invitational and also the Desert Solstice. In general runners improved their times by 30 - 45 seconds (some over a minute). Are there any plans to rate courses by difficulty. I know there can be any number of reasons why athletes run faster at one meet vs. another. I think it's safe to say the Desert Twilight meet is one of the states fastest as about 90% of the athletes set their PR at that meet. It unlikely that everyone peaks for this meet, and I'm not say the course is short, just fast. Thanks, Dave
1st off, lots of great local content to start off the cross country season!

In the past I think I've seen course ratings with time differentials (fast courses, slow courses). I noticed that a lot of runners who ran at the Chandler Invitational and also the Desert Solstice. In general runners improved their times by 30 - 45 seconds (some over a minute).

Are there any plans to rate courses by difficulty. I know there can be any number of reasons why athletes run faster at one meet vs. another. I think it's safe to say the Desert Twilight meet is one of the states fastest as about 90% of the athletes set their PR at that meet. It unlikely that everyone peaks for this meet, and I'm not say the course is short, just fast.

Thanks,
Dave

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.