By Tyler Killian azcentral sports Mon Oct 21 If there’s ever a time to announce yourself as a contender in Arizona cross country, it’s at the Desert...
The Desert Vista cross country programs have a different feel in 2013. (via Ahwatukee Foothills News)
One of the bigger pieces of news out of Colorado this weekend was the return to action of Bailey Roth, immediately enhancing Coronado's status as a player. Photo by...
Central Park Invitational Meet Results Girls Highlights
The girls varsity race gets underway at the Rob Winter Classic and Las Cruces. Photo by Lola Cunico.
The Lake Braddock cross country team typically takes an annual trip out-of-state and has been picking almost a new meet each year for the past several years. This year...
Six years ago the Desert Twilight Invitational started with 5 races and 886 runners. With the Twilight Movie theme and a love for running at night the meet became an...
Brentwood boys dominate with elite pack, great performances at Great American, HSers defeating Collegians, and much more inside! (Photo by Jeff George)
The festive atmosphere of the Desert Twilight Invitational has become a meet favorite of most runners in Arizona. Not only do they get to dance after their races but...
Community Race Aftershock Aftershock ALA ALA
Niwot's Jacob Fisk should be among the top contenders in Saturday's Northern Conference meet in Fort Collins. Colorado Track XC file photo.
UPDATE: September 29, 2013
Thanks so much for supporting this event! As we are down to the event being a week away here are a few important points that have to be adhered to.
1. Registration closes tomorrow (MONDAY 9/30) at 11:59 pm. I will not reopen the meet to make changes so please get your teams registered and entered into the CORRECT races. I still see a number of 9th graders entered into the open section. Please move them immediately into the freshmen sections. Also, please REMOVE any kids that will not be attending that you have entered (the chips each cost money!) We will not be adding kids at the registration table the day of the meet, so please take care of this TODAY!!
2. If you have not paid your entry fee, make sure that I have a copy of the PO or that you have payment the day of the event. Meet management will NOT allow your team to run if payment has not been received (this includes the late fee as well) Please be proactive and don't put our Registration staff in an awkward position by making them enforce this rule!!
3. Jeff Guy and our security team have gone to a great amount of time to make a traffic plan to help with the large number of people at the event. Please make a copy of plan and give it to your bus drivers and parents. It is pertinent these rule be followed to the the letter!!
4. DJ and MUSIC.... remember we do not advertise a dance party, we host a XC event... the music is fun and a good time, however remember it is the coaches responsibility to manage their kids and teams. Please visit with your kids about this. WE would hate to have to shut it down, but will do so if inappropriate behavior is being exhibited.
5. Bring your own water, we will not have water to fill your jugs. We will provide water at the finish line for the runners as they finish.
6. More details will be sent out TUESDAY morning after registration closes. I will send out final Sweepstakes, and Championship teams and individuals.
7.. Questions? EMail me (Ellie Hardt) at firstname.lastname@example.org
8. BUS AND PARKING INFORMATION AGAIN:
2013 Parking Instructions FOR BUSES
Dear Coaches, Bus Drivers,
Beware that Power Rd. is under major construction. City of Mesa has instructed us to avoid intersection of Power and Williams Field Rd. It is recommended that you exit at Higley Rd. off the 202 and head East on Ray Rd to Sossaman. Turn Right on Avery, (1st right past golf course), proceed to Innovation Way North. Turn Right towards round-about. Buses will drop off athletes at Club House off Williams Field Rd.
Exit golf course, North on Edgewater to Tillman Ave. Proceed straight to Avery, turn left back on Sossaman. Head West on Ray Rd to Higley, turn left and proceed to Williams Field HS parking lot by football stadium. Please obtain Bus Drivers cell number and only call when entire team is ready for pick up.Busses only to enter golf course parking lot.
At the conclusion of event PLEASE do not park along Williams Field Rd or Innovation Way North.
The Nike Desert Twilight Management Team wishes you all the best.
- Desert Twilight XC Festival (This meet is full) 2013
Created by Troylawton8, 1 replies