We set out on Thursday to give you a virtual 1-mile challenge. We have gotten some interest, but we know we can do better. Here's the original article if you missed it.
We are going to make a few tweaks to the original challenge:
- You can either enter yourself as an individual or as part of a "team". (a team is still 3 runners)
- Your "team" does not need to be from your same high school, but your other teammates do have to be part of an actual high school team. Come up with a team name for your squad.
- PLEASE DO THIS RUN ON YOUR OWN - SOCIAL DISTANCING IS PARAMOUNT.
- We don't want to make this too onerous for you, so you can get us your proof of your 1-mile run in a number of ways: A) Share your video with us here B) Share your Garmin, Strava, or other running app evidence with us (firstname.lastname@example.org) C) Share the video by messaging us through our Facebook Page and adding it there. Remember use #milesplitazvirtual.
- No time cut-off. You can now enter yourself into this challenge no matter how fast or slow your mile time is.
- The new deadline is now NEXT SATURDAY (March 28th @ 6 PM)
- There will now be individual and team winners who will all get an article about them in MileSplit AZ.