Friday, March 26th, 2021
Coaches Meeting - 3:30 PM
*Boys first and Girls second this year
Running Events begin at 4:30 PM
Event # 1 4 x 800 Relay
Event # 2 100/110 High Hurdles
Event # 3 100 Meter Dash
Event # 4 1600 Meter
Event # 5 4x100 Meter Relay
Event # 6 400 Meter Dash
Event # 7 300 Meter Hurdles
Event # 8 800 Meter
Event # 9 200 Meter Run
Event # 10 3200 Meter Run
Event # 11 4 x 400 Meter Relay
Field Events Begin at 4:00 PM
Event # 12 Shot Put
Event # 13 Discus
Event # 14 Long Jump
Event # 15 Triple Jump
Event # 16 High Jump
Event # 17 Pole Vault
Event #18 Javelin
1.Number of Teams: Because this meet is designed with the intent of providing a quality
meet in a reasonable time frame (rather than an all-day meet running from 10:00 AM
to 10:00 PM) **We have ten teams this year for both genders.
2.Number of entries per school: 4 entries in each individual event and one entry in each of
the relays. Boys heats will run first and Girls heats go second.
*The new rules on the length of the relay zones will be implemented.
3. Entries will be submitted toMile Spilt by Wednesday March 24th by 11:00 PM,. Please enter as accurate as time as possible, FAT is preferred but a converted hand time will do.
4.Entry Fee: $ 300 per school. Checks made out to Mountain View Booster Club
5.Scoring: Top eight (8) places will score. Scoring will be 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1.
6. Awards: Medals for the top three (3) places. Medals will be placed in Packets for pick up.
Team Trophies will be awarded for 1stand 2ndplace Boys and Girls Teams, and one Trophy for 1stplace combined Boys and Girls.
7.Admission: Adults: $ 5.00 Students: $ 3.00 A.I.A. passes accepted.
8.Trackis all-weather. " spikes only. Any violation will result in automatic
Disqualification from the meet.
-Lane assignments will be established by Wingfootfinish Timing Company
-The 400 Meter Dash and the 4 x 100 Meter Relay will be run with
a two-curve stagger.
- Box alley start will be used in the 3200 Meter Relay and the 1600 Meter
-The 4 x 400 Meter Relay will be run with a three-curve stagger.
10.Running Events: Since this is an odd year, the boys heats will be run first, followed
by the girls heats. The first running event (4 x 800 Meter Relay) will begin at 4:30 PM
11.Field Events: All field events will begin at 4:00 PM.
12.Shot Put & Discus: Throwing surfaces are concrete. Implements can be provided.
Each competitor will be given 3 throws and Top 9 to final. With a hog line for discus.
Girls Shot Put will be conducted first, followed by the Boys Shot Put. Boys Discus
will be conducted first, followed by the Girls Discus.
Boys Shot: 35' Disc: 110'
Girls Shot: 25' Disc: 75'
*Because of COVID-19 please bring your own implements
13.Long Jump: On the East Runway. Each competitor will be given 3 jumps and Top 9 to
Finals. Girls first then followed by Boys.
Boys: 18 Feet, Girls 14 feet
14.Triple Jump: On West Runway. Each competitor will be given 3 jumps and Top 9 to
Finals. Boys first then followed by the Girls.
***Hog Line will be implemented, first jump will be measured, All jumps measured if they meet the qualifying mark:
Boys 35 feet, Girls 28 feet
15.Pole Vault: Boys will vault first then followed by the Girls. A scale will be provided at each runway for athletes to weigh a check-in. Opening height for Boys will be 10' - 0" and then will be raised in 6" increments until completion. Opening height for Girls will be 7' - 0" and then will be raised in 6" increments until completion.
16.High Jump: Girls will jump first followed by the Boys. Three-Alive procedure. Opening height for Boys will be 5'- 4" and will be raised in 2" increments until 6' 2", and then the bar will be raised in 1" increments until completion. The opening height for Girls will be 4' - 4" and will be raised in 2" increments until 5' 2", then the bar will be raised in 1" increments until completion.
17.Javelin:Throwing surfaces is the track D-zone area (Westside). Schools need to bring their own javelins. Each competitor will be given 3 throws and Top 9 to finals. Boys javelin will be conducted first and then followed by the Girls.
***Hog Line will be implemented, first throw will be measured, All throws measured if they meet the qualifying mark:
Boys: 110' Girls: 75'
18. Athletes must report to the "bull pen" no later than the second call. Any athletes
who fail to report by the third call will not be allowed to participate. The "bull pen"
will be located at the East end of the track.
19. Athletes must compete in a school-issued uniform, runners on relay teams, tops must all be identical.
20. Schools are to provide their own "legal" batons.
21. Starting blocks will be provided.
22. Warm-up areas are located behind the north bleachers or in the grass areas behind
The football scoreboard.
23. Team tents and camps must be set up in the north bleachers or in the grass areas
behind the north bleachers or behind the scoreboard.
24. No Radios, Cellular devices, IPODs, MP3's, Frisbees, soccer balls etc. will be allowed anywhere near the track.
25. All non-participants and coaches must stay away from the finish line at all times
during the meet.
26. Runners must return to the finish line in their assigned lanes when completing their
27. Qualifying Meet. The meet will be certified as State Qualifying Meet. All
criteria for a state qualifying meet will be followed
28. Coaches Hospitality Room will be provided. Due to COVID-19 box meals will be provided.
OTHER COVID PRECAUTIONS
29. Athletes should have a mask and wearing one when not competing.
30. Please have athletes bring their own labeled water.
31. Please set team tents up away from each other 6-10 feet.
32. Coaches MUST wear appropriate masks.
33. Throwers should retrieve their own implement.
34. We all want track to be a team sport but perhaps encourage athletes to go home after their events, thank you
35. No Locker room facilities will be provided.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!