Seton Catholic Last Chance Meet 2022
We are full at this point. To all those registered, this is a "Last Chance Meet", not a full squad meet.
Tuesday, April 26, 2022 - Hosted by Seton Catholic Prep High School
We are pleased to be hosting our 4th Annual Seton Catholic Last Chance track meet on Tuesday, April 26th, 2022. Good luck to your athletes. Enclosed you will find all the meet information.
NOTE: This will be a State-Qualifying Meet for ALL Divisions and is a NON-SCORING MEET.
- Jim Shewbridge, Head Coach Boys/Girls Track & Field
- 480.318.4731 - email@example.com
- Gregg Buchanan, Athletic Director
- 480.963.1900- firstname.lastname@example.org
The entry fee is: 1-12 athletes entered will be $20.00 each, or $250 per team. Payments should be mailed to the following address by April 24th, 2022.
Team Invoice - more than 12 athletes = $250
Individual Invoice - 12 athletes or less = $20 each
Seton Catholic Prep Track and Field
Attn: Gregg Buchanan
1150 N Dobson, Chandler AZ 85224
- Please enter athletes who have a chance to meet the qualifying marks. Please do not enter athletes who have already QUALIFIED just to get another chance to participate. The goal is to allow the athletes a final chance to qualify for the State Meet. WE WILL MONITOR ENTRIES. Any individual ranked in the top 10 or so MAY NOT be allowed to compete - this is a case-by-case basis and some exceptions may apply per meet manager allowance. Relay teams are an exception and any team NOT already auto-qualified, will be allowed to compete, as long as their times are reasonably close to qualifying - example, a 4x800 team with a previous time 1 minute slower than a top 16 time, they are not going to make up 1 minute.
- DO NOT BRING YOUR FULL SQUAD - current settings to allow one (1) athlete entry per event, except 100m & 200m dash will be allowed two (2). In the event you have 2 or more athletes close to a qualifying mark in an event, you must contact me directly via email with their name, event and reason so I can review their times / marks. This will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Entries will be entered on AZ Milesplitand MUST be entered Sunday, April 24, 2022 by 3:00pm. We will not ADD or SUBSTITUE any athletes to the meet after registration closes.
- REGISTER onAZ Milesplit"Seton Catholic Last Chance Meet".
- The meet results will be posted on Athletic.net and AZ MileSplit.
- All track events will run as finals (heats against time), in multiple-sections as needed.
- There will be no prelims, semi-finals etc.
- Sprint and Hurdle events (100m, 200m, 400m, 100/110 and 300 hurdles) will start and finish in same lanes.
- Distance events will use a single or double waterfall start depending on the number of entries.
- Track athletes must check in with the clerk of the course in the bull pen at the NORTH end of the track to pick up HIP Numbers. Throwers and jumpers will check in at the event.
- Girls will run first followed by Boys.
- Relays:All four (4) relay athletes must report to the starting line together. The 4 x 400 relay will be a three turn stagger.
- Throws - Javelin and Shot - WE ARE NOT THROWING DISCUS:Throwers may bring their own shots and javelins. Weigh in will take place from 3:15PM to 4:00PM on the SOUTH end of the home team bleacher close to the throws area.
- HOG LINES WILL BE ESTABLISHED BASED ON STATE QUALIFYING STANDARDS
- For throwing events, each athlete will get 4 throws. We will measure their first legal throw and not measure any that do not cross the hog line
- Long Jump and Triple Jump: Boys and Girls will compete at the same time. We may either do open pits or flights depending on the number of entries.
- Pole Vault weight forms should be completed and turned in to the pole vault judge. Starting heights will be based on state qualifying marks and will increase based on those marks (most likely 3"). We want everyone to have a chance to get over the bar before reaching the state qualifying heights.
- Official rules will follow NFHS rules. Uniform rules apply and electronic devices of any kind will not be allowed on or inside the track. This also applies for field events.
- Coach's boxes will be provided for coaches at each field event. Please make sure your event coach checks in with head event judge.
- Warm up area for track events will be on the reserve softball field in the basin behind the home bleachers.
- Concessions will be available
- There will be no awards given.
- Trash bags will be provided for each team camp.
- There will NOT be coaches hospitality this year.
- Heat sheets will be sent to everyone prior to the meet.
- Athletic Trainer will be available under the tent in the infield.
- Bus Parking: some parking is available behind the visitors bleachers. Buses should also park to the far EAST side of the parking lot.
- All spectators - $10 ages 12 and up
- Electronically Timed
- 8 lane all-weather 5year old track
- 2 Long/Triple Jump Pits
- 1 Pole Vault Runway
- All Weather Javelin Runway - built in 2018.
If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.
Head CoachSeton Catholic Prep HS Track and Field
** ALL TIMES ARE ESTIMATES - Meet Can Run Ahead or Behind Schedule **
Student-Athletes Need To LISTEN Closely For 1st , 2nd and Last Calls
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 3:15 p.m.- Implement Weigh-In
- 3:30 p.m.- Coaches Meeting on the infield near the finish line
- 3:30 p.m.- Field Event warm-ups begin (or earlier)
- 4:00 p.m.- Senior Night recognition followed by National Anthem
- 4:00 p.m.- Field Events Begin
- 4:30 p.m.- Track Events Begin
Field Events - Throwing
- 4:00 p.m.- Boys / Girls Javelin - Flights TBD based on entries - Girls will start immediately after Boys finish
- 4:00 p.m.- Girls Shot / Boys Shot - Flights TBD based on entries - Boys will start immediately after Girls finish
- 4:00 p.m. - Boys Discus / Girls Discus - Flights TBD based on entries - Girls will start immediately after Boys finish
Field Events - Jumping
- 4:00 p.m.- Long Jump - Boys and Girls
- 4:00 p.m.- Pole Vault - Boys and Girls - Girls will start immediately after Boys finishes
- 4:00 p.m.- High Jump - Girls and Boys - Boys will start immediately after Girls finishes
- 6:30 p.m. - Triple Jump - Boys and Girls
Track Running Events:
Timed Finals:ALL RUNNING EVENTS ARE SCORED ON TIMES - NO PRELIMS.
ALL START TIMES BELOW ARE ESTIMATES - THIS IS A ROLLING SCHEDULE - Meet Can Run Ahead or Behind Schedule
- 4:30 p.m.- 3200 Relay (4x800) - Girls / Boys - Finals
- 4:50 p.m. - 100m / 110m Hurdles - Finals
- 5:20 p.m.- 100m Dash - Finals
- 6:00 p.m.- 1600 Meter Run - Finals - 1 flight each gender
- 6:20 p.m.- 400m Relay (4x100) - Finals
- 6:45 p.m.- 400m Dash - Finals
- 7:15 p.m.- 300m Hurdles - Finals
- 7:35 p.m.- 800m Run - Finals
- 8:00 p.m.- 200m Dash - Finals
- 8:30 p.m.- 3200m Run - Finals - 1 flight each gender
- 9:00 p.m.- 1600 m relay (4x400) - Finals - (3 turn stagger)
** We will keep a rolling schedule. Please make sure your athletes listen to calls.
** ALL TIMES ARE ESTIMATES **