Arizonas Oldest Invitational
Track & Field Classic
Saturday, April 24th 2021
Coaches meeting -- 10:00 am
Field Events Start at 10:30 am
General Admission Free
All entries are due online at www.athletic.net no later than 11:59pm April 22nd
Please note that only scratches will be allowed, no additions the day of the meet.
All events will be held at the Winslow High School Track. The track is constructed of all-weather material.
Entry Fee: $350. Per school ($175 Boys - $175 Girls)
Make checks payable to Winslow High School
DUE on the day of the meet. (04/24)
Times: 10:00 a.m. Coaches Meeting
11:00 a.m. Running Events (timed finals)
Scoring and Awards
A. Scoring will be on a 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 basis. A team trophy will be presented to the teams scoring the most points in the meet. Ties will be decided in the manner designated in the current addition of the National Federal Track and Field Rule Book.
V. Entries Both a Girls Team and a Boys Team/School
A. Each school will be allowed to submit four (4) competitors in each running and field event.
B. Official eligibility for participation is established according to the A.I.A. rules and regulations, as contained in the A.I.A. Constitution and Bylaws.
B. Concrete shot and discus rings
C. All weather runways in LJ, TJ and PV
D. All weather take-off area for HJ
F. LOCKER ROOM FACILITIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE BUT WE DO HAVE RESTROOMS
A. Lanes assignments will be determined by previous running times.
B. Number of heats will depend on the number of qualifying entries per event.
C. Bull Pen area: This will be located at the South end zone of the football field.
All athletes will be required to report to the staging area to the Clerk of the Course, who will check them in. NO HEAT ADJUSTMENTS will be made at the staging area.
D. 800-1600-3200 Meter Runs and Relays Boys and Girls races will be run separately.
1. 800-1600 meter runs Depending on the number of qualifying entries, (1) heat or (2) heats will be run with the fastest times in the second heat. The number of runners in each heat can be changed at the Meet Directors discretion. Box alley start will be used.
2. 3200 meter run Box alley start will be used. Multiple heats depending on the number of runners.
a. (4x800) Relay to be run in one heat. Box alley start will be used. (2 heats if necessary).
b. (4x100) Relay to be run in three (3) heats (if necessary). The fastest teams will be placed in the final heat. Teams will be placed in lanes with lane one (1) to be the best entered time and seeded out according to entered time. The 4x400 meter relay will use a three (3) turn stagger.
A. Shot and Discus
1. Participants will be placed in flights with the best flight competing last. The participants in flight will compete in order with the individual with the best mark competing last.
2. Any competitor who arrives late because of other conflicting events may be placed in one of the later flights.
Will be run in "5 Alive" in order to speed up the process.
C. Pole Vault and High Jump
1. Mens Pole Vault will start at 8'0 with 6inch raises to 13 and then 3inch raises.
2. Womens Pole Vault will start at 6'0 with 6 inch raises to 10 and then 3 inch raises.
3. Mens High Jump to start a 5 0 with 2inch raises to 6'0 and then 1inch raises.
4. Womens High Jump to start at 4 0 and 2inch raises to 5 0, then 1inch raises.
Note: The starting heights may be changed at the discretion of the Meet Director.
A. Medals will be given to the top three finishers in each event. Coaches can pick their medals up after the meet is completed.
Arizonas Oldest Invitational
If you have any questions or comments please contact us:
Stacey Berg Joe Larsen Sal Hernandez Kourtney Hendricks
Head Track Coach Head assistant Track Coach Principal Athletic Director
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
- No discussions yet. Be the first!