Seton Catholic Last Chance Meet 2021
Tuesday, May 4, 2021 - Hosted by Seton Catholic Prep High School
We are pleased to be hosting our 3rd Annual Seton Catholic Last Chance track meet on Tuesday, May 4th, 2021. Good luck to your athletes. Enclosed you will find all the meet information.
NOTE: This will be a State-Qualifying Meet for ALL Divisions and is a NON-SCORING MEET.
- Jim Shewbridge, Head Coach Boys/Girls Track & Field
- 480.318.4731 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gregg Buchanan, Athletic Director
- 480.963.1900- email@example.com
The entry fee is: 1-6 athletes entered will be $20.00 each, 7+ will be $125 per gender. Payments should be mailed to the following address by April 30th, 2021.
Seton Catholic Prep Track and Field
Attn: Gregg Buchanan
1150 N Dobson, Chandler AZ 85224
- Each school will be allowed two (2) entries per individual event and one (1) relay team per school. Special requests MAY be honored - example, 3 kids have a legit chance at making State.
- Please enter athletes who have a chance to meet the qualifying marks. Please do not enter athletes who have already QUALIFIED just to get another chance to participate. The goal is to allow the athletes a final chance to qualify for the State Meet. WE WILL MONITOR ENTRIES.
- Entries will be entered on AZ Milesplit and MUST be entered Sunday, May 2, 2021 by 3:00pm. We will not ADD any athletes to the meet after registration closes.
- REGISTER on AZ Milesplit "Seton Catholic Last Chance Meet".
- The meet results will be posted on Athletic.net and AZ MileSplit.
- All track events will run as finals (heats against time), in multiple-sections as needed.
- There will be no prelims, semi-finals etc.
- Sprint and Hurdle events (100m, 200m, 400m, 100/110 and 300 hurdles) will start and finish in same lanes.
- Distance events will use a single or double waterfall start depending on the number of entries.
- Track athletes must check in with the clerk of the course in the bull pen at the NORTH end of the track to pick up HIP Numbers. Throwers and jumpers will check in at the event.
- Boys track races will go first followed by Girls.
- Relays: All four (4) relay athletes must report to the starting line together.
- The 4 x 400 relay will be a three turn stagger.
- Throws: Throwers may bring their own shots and discs and javelins. Weigh in will take place from 3:30PM to 4:00PM either next to the Concession Stands on the NORTHEAST corner of the track or on the SOUTH end of the home team bleacher close to the throws area.
- HOG LINES WILL BE ESTABLISHED BASED ON STATE QUALIFYING STANDARDS
- For throwing events, each athlete will get 4 throws. If their first 3 throws are not close enough or beyond the Hog Line then we will measure their 4th throw for record keeping purposes.
- Javelin will begin promptly at 4:00 pm - an AIA official will be onsite around 3:30 to begin weighing the javelins.
- Pole Vault weight forms should be completed and turned in to the pole vault judge. Pole Vault will increase in 6" increments, then 3". Starting heights will be based on state qualifying marks. Coaches will be allowed in the coach's box for their athletes.
- Long Jump and Triple Jump: Boys and Girls will compete at the same time. Long Jump pits are open from 3:45 p.m. until 5:30 p.m. Triple Jump will follow at the conclusion of the long jump with the pit open until 7:30 p.m.
- Four (4) attempts will be given in the horizontal jumps.
- High Jump: Girls will begin first, Boys will follow.
- Official rules will follow NFHS rules. Uniform rules apply and electronic devices of any kind will not be allowed on or inside the track. This also applies for field events.
- Coach's boxes will be provided for coaches at each field event. Please make sure your event coach checks in with head event judge.
- For Track events, NO coach will be allowed on or inside the track.
- Warm up area for track events will be in the infield of the track.
- Concessions MAY be available dependent on COVID restrictions.
- Masks must be warn at all times when not competing.
- There will be no awards given.
- Trash bags will be provided for each team camp.
- There will NOT be coaches hospitality this year.
- Heat sheets will be sent to everyone prior to the meet.
- Athletic Trainer will be available under the tent in the infield.
- Bus Parking: some parking is available behind the visitors bleachers. Buses should also park to the far EAST side of the parking lot or across the street at Anderson Middle school to allow parents to park close to the entrance.
- All spectators -$10 ages 12 and up
- Electronically Timed
- 8 lane all-weather 5year old track
- 2 Long/Triple Jump Pits
- 1 Pole Vault Runway
- All Weather Javelin Runway - built in 2018.
If you have any further questions or comments, please feel free to contact me.
Head Coach Seton Catholic Prep HS Track and Field
** ALL TIMES ARE ESTIMATES - Meet Can Run Ahead or Behind Schedule **
Student-Athletes Need To LISTEN Closely For 1st , 2nd and Last Calls
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 3:30 p.m.- Implement Weigh-In
- 3:30 p.m.- Coaches Meeting on the infield near the finish line
- 3:45 p.m.- Field Event warm-ups begin
- 4:00 p.m.- National Anthem followed by Senior Night recognition
- 4:00 p.m.- Field Events Begin
- 4:30 p.m.- Track Events Begin
Field Events - Throwing
- 4:00 p.m.- Boys / Girls Javelin - Flights TBD based on entries
- 4:00 p.m. - Boys Shot Put - Flights TBD based on entries - Hog Lines to be used
- 5:30 p.m.- Boys Discus / Girls Shot - Flights TBD based on entries - Hog Lines to be used
- DISCUS WILL NOT START UNTIL JAVELIN CONCLUDES - TIMES ARE ESTIMATES
- 7:00 p.m.- Girls Discus - Flights TBD based on entries - Hog Lines to be used
Field Events - Jumping
- 4:00 p.m.- Long Jump - Boys and Girls
- 4:00 p.m.- Pole Vault - Boys
- 4:00 p.m.- High Jump - Girls
- 6:30 p.m. - Triple Jump - Boys and Girls
- 6:30 p.m.- Pole Vault - Girls
- 6:30 p.m.- High Jump - Boys
Track Running Events:
Timed Finals: ALL RUNNING EVENTS ARE SCORED ON TIMES - NO PRELIMS.
ALL START TIMES BELOW ARE ESTIMATES - THIS IS A ROLLING SCHEDULE - Meet Can Run Ahead or Behind Schedule
- 4:30 p.m. - 110m / 100m Hurdles - Finals
- 4:45 p.m. - 3200 Relay (4x800) - Boys / Girls
- 5:15 p.m. - 100m Dash - Finals
- 5:30 p.m. - 1600 Meter Run - Finals
- 6:00 p.m. - 400m Relay (4x100) - Finals
- 6:15 p.m. - 400m Dash - Boys / Girls - Finals
- 6:30 p.m. - 300m Hurdles - Finals
- 6:45 p.m. - 800m Run - Finals
- 7:00 p.m. - 200m Dash - Finals
- 7:15 p.m. - 3200m Run - Finals
- 7:45 p.m.- 1600 m relay (4x400) - Finals - (3 turn stagger)
** We will keep a rolling schedule. Please make sure your athletes listen to calls.
** ALL TIMES ARE ESTIMATES **
- No discussions yet. Be the first!